COVID-19 Information Page
The City is following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recommendations for businesses. Warrensburg City Hall will closed to the public beginning at 8 am, March 18, 2020.
All police and fire services will continue to operate as normal. City staff is available to assist the community during this time; however, there are changes in normal operations. Residents are encouraged to do as much City business on our website warrensburg-mo.com or by phone at 660.747.9131. We urge you to check back often as statuses may change rapidly during this evolving situation.
Current Status for City of Warrensburg Operations
All meetings will take place as scheduled on the city calendar.
- Building code enforcement, building inspections, building permits will continue at this time in a modified format.
- Building permit applications are available on the City website and can be emailed along with electronic plans to Sandi.Anstine@warrensburg-mo.com
- Building plans should be submitted by email to Sandi.Anstine@warrensburg-mo.com or hard copies can be sent by regular mail
- Please call 660.747.9135 for assistance with online applications or to schedule a building permit inspection
- Plan Review Team Meetings will be held by conference call only instead of in person with citizens, applicants, or design professionals
- Property Maintenance and nuisance code enforcement matters will be handled by email or phone call only. Citizens are encouraged to use the online complaint forms on the City website to submit complaints electronically or to call 660-747-9135 to make complaints. No in-person contact will be made and staff response and compliance may be slower due to limited field work. There will be no volunteer litter crews/group pickups scheduled until the emergency is lifted.
- Applications for Rezonings, Conditional Use Permits, Plats, and Variances are suspended until further notice.
- Any other inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Warrensburg Police Department is committed to providing the best service to our community. With that in mind, we will be encouraging our community members to interact with the police department over the phone or through email as much as possible. You may make police reports on incidents that do not require an on-scene investigation over the phone. Examples of reports that may be made in this manner include theft from an auto, lost items or simple thefts. Community member should call the non-emergency number at Johnson County Central Dispatch, 660.747.2265, to be connected to a Warrensburg officer. The officer will determine whether the report can be handled over the phone or requires an on-scene response. We will continue to respond to all other calls for service through our typical deployment.
- Fingerprinting services are suspended until further notice.
- Visitations and tours of fire stations have been suspended until further notice.
- For questions email email@example.com.
Parks & Recreation
- Community Center, including the Indoor Aquatic Center, Fitness Center and ABC Building, is closed to the public until March 31.
- All parks, playgrounds and shelters are closed to the public until March 31.
- Leagues, activities and special events have been postponed until further notice. Participants will be contacted with specifics.
- For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warrensburg Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Visitor Center is closed to the public beginning March 18; follow Visit Warrensburg on Facebook or go to VisitWarrensburg.com for additional information.
- For questions call 660.262.4611 or email email@example.com.
Links to Reliable Information about COVID-19
- Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Website
- State of Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services COVID-19 Website
- Johnson County, Missouri Department of Health COVID-19 Information Website
- Center for Disease Control Resources for Large Community Events and Public Gatherings
- Center for Disease Control Printable Fact Sheets for the Workplace
Links to City of Warrensburg COVID-19 Press Releases and News Flash Articles
- Press Release - JCCHS Emergency Order, Dated March 19, 2020, 4:15 p.m.
- Press Release - COVID 19, Dated March 17, 2020, 12:40pm
- Press Release - COVID 19, Dated March 13, 2020, 6:00pm
Important Phone Numbers
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) Hotline: 877-435-8411