The City of Warrensburg (population 20,251) is located 45 minutes east of Kansas City, and is a rapidly developing community with tremendous growth potential. Warrensburg is home to the University of Central Missouri and is located near both Whiteman Air Force Base, home of the B-2 Bomber, and the Lake of the Ozarks. We are looking for an energetic, professional City Planner with well-developed skills in development services, master planning, zoning, administering grants, an understanding of economic development and a commitment to best practices and problem-solving in a team-oriented environment.
Warrensburg operates under a council/manager form of government and this position will report to the Director of Community Development. The successful candidate must possess the following:
(1) Experience interpreting zoning ordinances, development laws, plans and reviewing subdivision plats and site plans using best practices in a one-stop shop environment that maximizes collaboration and efficiency.
(2) An understanding of economic development and a development review process that focuses on delivering quality customer service and a pro-growth strategy.
(3) Outstanding customer service skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, good organizational skills, common-sense, and a willingness to work independently across a variety of tasks.
(4) The ability to addresses conflicts, research alternatives and recommend solutions in a collaborative and problem solving approach.
(5) Project management experience taking a project from conception to completion including contract administration and supervising consultants.
Master’s degree in urban planning or a closely related field and 4 years of professional experience required. AICP certification is preferred or must be obtained within 2 years of the date of hire.
Employment applications are available on-line at www.warrensburg-mo.gov. Submit a cover letter, completed application and resume to Human Resources at the City of Warrensburg, 102 S. Holden St., Warrensburg, MO 64093. Original signatures required on applications. Position open until filled. First round of reviews will take place August 31, 2017. Salary range $37,689 to $58,947 D/O/Q. Subject to background investigation. Questions, contact: Human Resources @ 660-262-4607 or firstname.lastname@example.org. E.O.E.