The City of Warrensburg, Missouri (population 19,927) is located 45 minutes East of Kansas City, and is a rapidly developing community with tremendous growth potential. Warrensburg is home to the University of Central Missouri and is located near both Whiteman Air Force Base, home of the B-2 Bomber, and the Lake of the Ozarks.
We are looking for a Building Official who is a professional code administrator that will report to the Community Development Director. The successful candidate is required to possess well-developed skills in development services, building code administration, inspection services, researching, completing reports, making presentations, an understanding of economic development and a commitment to best practices and problem-solving in a team-oriented environment.
Salary: $52,000.00 – $62,000.00
- Medical benefits – considerable portion paid by the city for both employee and family coverage
- Dental benefits – paid by the city
- Long-term and Short-term disability, 1 x salary employee Basic Life and AD&D paid by the city
- 10 paid holidays with a floating holiday yearly
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- Generous Community Center Fitness Pass and Pool Pass program
- Completed High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Technology, Safety or related field preferred.
- Must have current & valid Missouri driver license.
- Seven or more years’ experience with building construction and/or building code administration and enforcement.
- Five or more years of supervisory experience.
- Computer literacy and ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs and internet browsers.
- Have at least one ICC certification as a Plans Examiner, Residential Building Inspector or Commercial Building Inspector at the time of application.
- Have ICC certification as Certified Building Official (CBO) or acquire certification within 2 years of the date of hire.
- Demonstrate completion of NIMs courses IS-100, IS-700 and IS-800 at the time of application or within 6 months of the hire date.
Employment applications are available on-line at www.warrensburg-mo.com. Submit a cover letter, completed application and resume to Human Resources at the City of Warrensburg, 102 S. Holden St., Warrensburg, MO 64093. Original signatures required on applications. Position open until filled. First review of applications will be completed October 31, 2016. Subject to background investigation and drug screening. Questions, contact: Human Resources @ (660)262-4607. The City of Warrensburg is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download application here: Building Official Application