The March 2016 issue of Missouri Conservationist highlights Missouri’s Champion Trees in a great article entitled The Mighty Ones. The Warrensburg Tree Board invites you to enjoy the article and our Champion Trees around the state.
- To encourage the protection of trees, shrubs, bushes and other
- plants; to provide for public health, safety and general welfare;
- to promote and preserve the City’s aesthetic value, regulate and
control the planting, maintenance and removal of trees, shrubs,
bushes and other plants on and adjacent to public property, right-
of-way and easements within the City, and manage the City’s
- community urban forest in a strong, healthy condition for today
and for the future.
Membership and Terms
The committee shall consist of five (5) citizen members who shall be residents of the City of Warrensburg and be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Members shall serve a term of three (3) years each, except the terms of the initial members shall be staggered with two (2) members being appointed for two-year terms and one (1) member for a one-year term.
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 4:00 PM at the Warrensburg Community Center.
Members of the Warrensburg Tree Board
- Larry Olpin: Chair (2017 Bob Pierceall’s unexpired term)
- Mark Goodwin (2015)
- Jay Raveill (2018, 2021)
- Trish Smith (2016 filled unexpired term)
- Leslie Bayless (2017, 2020)
- Dodee Matthews
Tree Board Projects
- Warrensburg Tree Management Plan
- Recommended Trees for Warrensburg Area
- UCM Campus Tree Trail 2015
- Grover Park Tree Trail 2015
- Tree Care 101 Brochure
- Tree Inventory Summary Phases 1-3