Join us November 17 from 9 a.m. to noon for a free Tree Pruning Workshop. Most trees in landscapes fail in storms due to pre-existing defects that could have been corrected with proper pruning practices. Missouri Department of Conservation Community Forester, Chuck Conner, will teach participants how to prune trees correctly to increase the tree’s strength and lifespan in the landscape. This is a hands-on workshop, so come dressed for outside pruning work, including good boots, glasses, and leather work gloves. The workshop will begin in the Municipal Center Council Chambers 200 S. Holden Street and then move outdoors. The workshop is free but pre-registration is required by calling 747-7178.
Warrensburg Tree Board was established in 2009…
- To encourage the protection of trees, shrubs, bushes and other plants;
- To provide for public health, safety and general welfare;
- To promote and preserve the City’s aesthetic value, regulate and control the planting, maintenance and removal of trees, shrubs, bushes and other plants on and adjacent to public property, right-of-way and easements within the City; and
- Manage the City’s community urban forest in a strong, healthy condition for today and for the future.
Membership and Terms
The committee shall consist of five (5) citizen members who are not required to live within the City, but shall be persons interested in the continued prosperity of the community urban forest within the City and be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Members shall serve a term of three (3) years each, except the terms of the initial members shall be staggered with two (2) members being appointed for two-year terms and one (1) member for a one-year term.
Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month at 4:00 PM at the Warrensburg Community Center.
Members of the Warrensburg Tree Board
- Larry Olpin: Chair (2017, 2020)
- Trish Smith (2017, 2020)
- Leslie Bayless (2016, 2019)
- Jay Raveill (2018, 2021)
- Kevin Courtwright (2019, 2022)
- Dodee Matthews
Tree Board Projects
- Warrensburg Tree Management Plan
- Recommended Trees for Warrensburg Area
- UCM Campus Tree Trail 2015
- Grover Park Tree Trail 2015
- Tree Care 101 Brochure
- Tree Inventory Summary Phases 1-3