Trees and Spring
Now that spring is finally here, it’s time to think about planting, mulching, and otherwise caring for the trees in your yard. The links to the right provide some great resources to help get you started. Also, be sure to check out our “Tree Care 101″ brochure at the bottom of this page.
- To protect and encourage the protection of trees, shrubs, bushes and other plants.
- To provide for public health, safety and general welfare
- To promote and preserve the City’s aesthetic value, regulate and control the planting, maintenance and removal of trees, shrubs, bushes and other plants on and adjacent to public property, right-of-way and easements within the City
- Manage the City’s community urban forest in a strong, healthy condition for today and for the future
Membership and Terms
The committee shall consist of five (5) citizen members who shall be residents of the City of Warrensburg and be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Members shall serve a term of three (3) years each, except the terms of the initial members shall be staggered with two (2) members being appointed for two-year terms and one (1) member for a one-year term.
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 4:00 PM at the Warrensburg Community Center.
Members of the Warrensburg Tree Board
- Suzy Latare: Chair (2015)
- Mark Goodwin: Vice Chair (2015)
- Trish Smith (2016 filled unexpired term)
- Leslie Bayless (2017, 2020)
- Larry Olpin (2017 Bob Pierceall’s unexpired term)
- Dodee Matthews
Tree Board Projects
- Warrensburg Tree Management Plan
- Recommended Trees for Warrensburg Area
- Warrensburg Tree Trail brochure
- Tree Care 101 Brochure
- Tree Inventory Summary Phases 1-3