Order Amending Traffic Violations Bureau
Now, on this date, it is hereby ordered that all prior orders relating to the schedule of fines and costs for payment through the Traffic Violations Bureau for the City of Warrensburg are hereby amended, and the Court hereby establishes teh following schedule of fines and costs set by law for payment through the Violations Bureau.
The Clerk of the Court is directed to prominently post in the office of this Court the schedule of fines and costs hereby established. The Clerk of the Court is further ordered to post in the office of this Court the instructions for pleading guilty and disposing of the above charges, by mail or otherwise, without court appearance. The Clerk of the Court of any Deputy Clerk of the Court shall perform all duties in connection with the Violations Bureau.
Except as provided in this order, all tickets and other Municipal Ordinance Citations require the defendant to appear in court.
You must appear in court if your ticket involves:
- A violation resulting in personal injury or property damage
- Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated or under the influence of intoxicants or drugs
- Operating a vehicle with a counterfeited, altered, suspended or revoked license
- Fleeing or attempting to elude an officer
The Court hereby establishes the following procedures for disposing of cases without court appearance:
- The Defendant must sign the appearance, plea of guilty and waiver on the back of the ticket.
- Payment by mail must be made by a money order or cashier’s check for the total amount due, payable to the Municipal Court for Warrensburg, mailed to:
- The Court will accept no personal checks.
- Cases must be disposed of prior to the scheduled court date. Failure to properly dispose of a case before the scheduled court date may result in the issuance of a warrant.
- Inquiries about court dates may be directed to the Municipal Court at (660) 747-9132. All other inquiries should be directed to the City Prosecutor.
Speeding Fines & Costs
|1-9 MPH over||$79|
|10 MPH over||$84|
|11 MPH over||$89|
|12 MPH over||$94|
|13 MPH over||$99|
|14 MPH over||$104|
|15 MPH over||$109|
|16 MPH over||$114|
|17 MPH over||$119|
|18 MPH over||$124|
|19 MPH over||$129|
|20 MPH over||$134|
|21 MPH over||$139|
|22 MPH over||$144|
|23 MPH over||$149|
|24 MPH over||$154|
|25 MPH over||$159|
Exceeding posted limit by more than 25 MPH requires court appearance.
Other Driving Offenses
|Failure to Yield||$79|
|No Motorcycle Helmet||$15|
|Not Motorcycle Qualified||$79|
|No License in Possession||$79|
|Improper Registration||$59 if registered by Court date; $79 if not registered|
|Loud and Excessive Noise||$79|
|Improper Turn/Lane Use||$79|
|Equipment Violation/Tinted Windows||$79|
|Violate License Restriction||$79|
|Driving Left of Center||$105|
|Wrong Way on One Way||$79|
|Child Restraint Violation||$45|
|Driving on Sidewalk||$79|
|Failure to Dim Headlights||$79|
|Dog Running at Large||$55|
|Failure to Impound||$55|
|No Dog License||$40|
This schedule shall be effective for tickets issues on or after October 1, 2014.