Fire Department FAQ’s

How do I schedule an inspection?

To schedule an inspection for a business license or liquor license application or renewal, please call the permit clerk at 747-9135.  A current inspection is required from the building inspector and fire inspector.  The permit clerk will be able to coordinate the building inspector and the fire inspector to do the inspections at the same time, making it more convenient for the customer.

What if I have questions about the City of Warrensburg’s Fire Code?

The Warrensburg Fire Department has adopted the 2012 International Fire Code, with some local amendments.  If you have questions on the Fire Code or would like clarification on an item, please call the Fire and Emergency Prevention Office at 660-262-4651, Monday thru Friday, 8am-5pm.

How do I obtain a burn permit?

There are some allowances of open burning in the City of Warrensburg.  A permit is required from the Warrensburg Fire Department to burn leaves, limbs, grass and other natural vegetation.  In some cases, a permit is also required from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.  No trash or construction materials are allowed to be burned in the City of Warrensburg.  Burning is only allowed during daylight hours and other restrictions apply.  A permit can be requested by calling the on duty fire crew at 660-747-9136, ext 0.  The permit may be denied due to weather conditions, proximity to combustibles, or other restrictions.  There is no fee at this time for a burn permit.  If you have questions regarding open burning, please call the Fire and Emergency Prevention Office at 660-262-4650.

How can I schedule a Fire Truck visit or other Fire Prevention Program?

To schedule a fire truck visit or request a fire prevention program, please call the Fire and Emergency Prevention Office at 660-262-46541.  The Fire Department provides many fire and emergency prevention programs to schools, churches, Boy and Girl Scout, and other community groups throughout the year.  Please schedule a program or visit at least one week in advance.

How can I get a copy of a fire report?

If you have experienced a fire and need a copy of the report, please call the Fire and Emergency Prevention office at 660-262-4650.

How do I report a problem with a fire hydrant (blocked, leaking, or other problem)?

If you witness a problem with a fire hydrant in the City of Warrensburg, please call the on duty fire crew at 660-747-9136, ext 0.

Why does a fire truck respond to medical emergency calls?

All firefighters are trained as Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) or a higher level of training.  They respond to assist the Johnson County Ambulance District.  Many times a fire crew can respond to the scene faster or the ambulance crew might require additional assistance on some incidents.  It is a team effort protecting the citizens of Warrensburg.