The Building Inspection Division is happy to help you apply for a building permit and will inspect your project throughout the construction period to ensure the building code requirements are met.
A building permit is required to be issued before you start your construction project. If you are wondering if your project requires a building permit, please contact the Building Official Brett Penrose at 660-747-9135.
Adopted Building Codes
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2006 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- Local amendments to the codes are in Chapter 6 of the Code of City Ordinances
Pre Construction Meeting
If you are considering building a multi-family, commercial or industrial project within the City of Warrensburg, our Plan Review Team would be happy to meet with you to discuss what infrastructure, building code or zoning requirements that might apply to your project, and to answer your questions regarding these requirements. To schedule a meeting with the Plan Review Team, please contact the Permit Clerk Sandi Anstine at 660-747-9135. This is an optional meeting that can help you develop the plans for your project.
Building Permit Applications
Links to the building permit application forms are provided on the right hand side of the page. Please select the form that most closely matches the scope of your project. If you have a question about how to answer a question on the form, please contactthe Permit Clerk Sandi Anstine at 660-747-9135.
Two sets of plans are required to be submitted with all building permit application forms. A complete set of plans includes both a site plan and all appropriate building plans.