The Building Inspection Division is happy to help you apply for a building permit and will inspect your project throughout the construction period to ensure the building code requirements are met.
A building permit is required to be issued before you start your construction project. If you are wondering if your project requires a building permit, please contact the Permit Clerk Sandi Anstine at 660-747-9135.
Building Permit Applications
Links to the building permit applications are provided on the right side of the page. Please select the permit application that most closely matches the scope of your project.
For a permit application for one of the following types of projects, please contact the Permit Clerk Sandi Anstine at 660-747-9135.
- In Ground Pool
- Electric Generator
- Kitchen Hood
- Mobile Home
- Structure Moving
- Monument Mailbox
- Parking Lot
Adopted Building Codes
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2006 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- Local amendments to the codes are in Chapter 6 of the Code of City Ordinances