The goal of the Downtown Facade Grant Program is to encourage historically appropriate facade improvements to existing buildings downtown in a manner that promotes the success of the businesses while preserving the unique historical characteristics of those buildings.
- Preserve historic buildings
- Implement DREAM recommendations for exterior facade improvements
- Promote a high level of maintenance for the exterior of buildings
- Enhance pedestrian safety by increasing maintenance of building facades in zero setback areas
- Promote commercial vitality and increase economic activity and sales tax revenues
- Maintain or improve existing property values and add to the tax base
- Enhance the overall attractiveness of the community
- Eligible Applicants
The applicant can be either the property owner or the tenant of a building that is at least 75 years old and is located within the DREAM boundary. Both the applicant and the owner must sign the application form.
Downtown Incentive Documents
The work paid for by the grant funds or applicant’s matching funds can take place on either the front or rear façade of the building and must be visible to the public. The building must be at least 75 years old and located within the DREAM boundary. The types of work that may be funded include, but are not limited to; masonry repair, tuck pointing, signage, awnings, window and door repair, painting, cornice repair, building front improvements.
Applicants can apply to receive up to a maximum amount of $1,000 in grant funds per grant cycle. All applicants must provide a dollar for dollar matching amount to their grant request. One grant per cycle (October 1 to September 30) may be awarded per property. A property is considered any individual platted lot or tract of land described by metes and bounds.